Welcome Fundraising Affinity Group!

Hello development affinity group! Welcome to MNA Connect, our new community platform. This is a space for MNA members to ask each other questions, seek feedback, and network virtually! We are piloting this platform this year, with affinity groups being our first audience before we launch to the entire membership. We hope you find value in this space to learn from your colleagues!

Affinity Topics
What topics would you like to cover this year in the affinity group?

Are there any speakers or peers that you’d like to see present on something specific?

2 Likes

Thanks, Tylyn! This is great, excited to be able to connect in the moment with folks in the community!

Thank you! I am really excited for this group!

I am currently looking for a mentor of sorts in the fundraising realm. I have some fundraising experience, but am looking for some pointers on cultivating relationships and generating large gifts to help me in my current position and NWMT, as well as my work on the board of Trust Montana.

Have a great day all!
Autumn

3 Likes

Hi! Look forward to seeing what fundraising ideas will be shared!

1 Like

Autumn, You may consider reaching out to AFP Montana, it’s an awesome group of folks and they may have some mentoring programs. I’ll also keep an eye out, and perhaps someone in this forum has advice to share or would be excited to connect!

I am enjoying our Fundraising Affinity calls. Thanks, Tylyn, for organizing these gatherings.

August 25 meeting links

PSLF Waiver information - https://freestudentloanadvice.org/ & Good News for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Borrowers | National Council of Nonprofits

Estate Planning in Montana - Marsha Goetting - MSU Extension | Montana State University

Planned gift/bequests/will planning platform for nonprofits - Write Your Legal Will Online, Free & Simple | FreeWill

QCD - Qualified Charitable Distribution | Fidelity Charitable

AFP Montana is hosting a networking event at Western Cider in Missoula on September 15 - reach out to Lauren Rennaker with questions (lauren@bitterrootlandtrust.org)