Confidentiality Agreements for Campaign Steering Committee and Board

Happy Friday everyone. I’m working on the early phases of developing a campaign steering committee and I am curious if anyone has a donor privacy confidentiality agreement for a steering committee and board of directors they could share. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Replying here to boost the post - curious if folks have any examples.

Did anyone ever share any examples of this?

Hi! Thanks for following up. No, at least as far as I saw no one shared. I did end up making my own though! Maybe I should add it to my post :slight_smile:

@Brianne_GFPLF - we’d love it if you would add it to the post! I’m sure someone in the future will appreciate the resource.

I tried to add an example, but it wouldn’t let me attach anything. It’s clunky, but I’ve pasted it in the body of the message. Sorry, but I hope it’s helpful!

Confidentiality Agreement

Respecting the privacy of ORGANIZATION, their donors, members, staff, and volunteers is a basic and underlying value of our work. Personal and financial information is confidential and should not be disclosed or discussed with anyone outside of the ORGANIZATION’S team or without permission or authorization from the executive director or board chair. Care shall also be taken to ensure that unauthorized individuals do not overhear any discussion of confidential information and that documents containing confidential information are not left in the open or inadvertently shared.

ORGANIZATION’S employees and contract employees will be exposed to information that is confidential and/or privileged and proprietary in nature. It is the policy of ORGANIZATION that such information must be kept confidential both during and after employment or volunteer service. Staff and volunteers, including board members, are expected to return materials containing privileged or confidential information at the time of separation from employment or expiration of service.

Unauthorized disclosure of confidential or privileged information is a serious violation of this policy and will subject the person(s) who made the unauthorized disclosure to appropriate discipline, including removal/dismissal.

Employee/Volunteer/Board Member’s Name and Signature Date

2 Likes

Here’s a template that I use for clients in capital campaigns:

Confidentiality Agreement

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for the share!