Fundraising during a recession

This topic came up for a future development affinity call, but due to upcoming holidays we won’t be able to host this topic until January so I wanted to share some resources now:

Preparing nonprofits for the next recession - Idaho Nonprofit Center interview with Tim Delaney, President of the National Council of Nonprofits - Preparing Nonprofits for the Next Recession - YouTube

Financial Leadership in the face of Impossible Choices - Curt Klotz (friend of MNA!) - Financial Leadership in the Face of Impossible Choices | CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)

Do you have any tips for fundraisers? Were you working in development during the last recession?

If you’d like to speak informally on this topic in January, please let me know!

This resource just popped up, from Stanford Social Innovation Review, around reporting for donors made easy: eBook: Create Reports Funders Want to See - Social Solutions?

This article is not directly tied to fundraising in a recession but I think it has some great ideas and thoughts: Why should you try new approaches in your donor communications? - Big Duck